Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In class assignment-blogging

IN CLASS ASSIGNMENT-REFLECTING-BLOGGING

I have never used or owned a blog before and I admit that I'm quite weak in IT (Information technology). Thanks to Mr.Izaham, our lecturer for TSL012 for giving me the cognition to the world of technology.It might looks simple to others but for me it's a very fundamental knowledge that I acquire.First of all I found that my first cognition to blog had build my interest towards IT. Instead of having a blog for TSL012, I create a blog of my own, a private blog to share my feelings and opinion with others. I was motivated to enhance the contents of my blog and I enjoy learning new things about blogs and the initials.


Secondly, with blog, all the assignments could be done in handy.I can save much time, energy and cost for every submission of my assignment.I can do my assignment maybe in college or at home at just post it.Easy right! Instead, I can also receive comments online from Mr.Izaham and my friends which are truly beneficial for me to improve my writing .In normal situation maybe we have to spend more time waiting for lecturers or friends on their free time to give constructive advice for us. With blog, The knowledge can be obtained anytime and anywhere we need it.


In my opinion, it is highly recommended for all lecturers to use blog as a medium to communicate and discuss with students. as I said earlier, first, the lecturer can post their notes and any information required easily to cover the situation where there might be students who had missed the information given during the lecture. the lecturer can also give assignment without having much hassle to gather the students and waste their energy and time.Secondly, an online discussion could be done where the lecturers can receive comments, problems and suggestion from the students and the students themselves can discuss each other.For English teachers and lecturers ,I think it's good if they could have a specific blog where they can post journals for the students to read, questions and exercises and etc.It is very important in language learning to en culture the usage of the language.
Features of the blog that I found most helpful is the comments features.It's fun to received comments from lecturers and friends without having myself to go to them because I'm a bit shy and passive. it helps me to improve a lot and i can actually discuss with them about everything related to the subject.I haven't found any part of features which was troublesome.
Compare to the classroom session, I found that it's fun to learn from blog. I can chat and do my work at the same time. I can also listen to the songs and receive lots of academic visual instead of listening to the lecture alone. I found myself intersted more on visual teaching aids rather than listening to the lecture. Therefore , by having a blog, it may enhance my interest and keep me focus to the subject.
i will continue to use blog after this.

No comments: